Basic Jam 101:
Do you know how easy it is to take a pound of fresh organic fruit, and turn it into a jar of luscious jam?
Do you have sugar at home?
Well, you're halfway there...
The beginnings of Apricot~Vanilla Bean Jam: Goldstrike Apricots, sugar, lemon juice and vanilla bean...macerating in a preserving bowl.
Let's start with a 2* Hour Class:
- An apron or wear a washable, stainable shirt.
- A "ready, willing & able" attitude, but you don't have to help; hands-on is always optional.
- A hand-out with the day's recipe(s) and lesson outline.
- A sealed jar(s) or bottle(s) of whatever we make in the class.
- Bonus: I always provide sample tastes of things we've made in a recent class, like pickles, chutney and/or jelly.
- Most importantly, I give you the confidence & knowledge to take on a jam session in your own home!
After the class: if you ever have questions, please feel free to call or email me and I will be happy to help. Not exactly the Butterball Turkey Thanksgiving 24 Hour "operators are standing by" Hotline, but close.
Cost: Varies, between $35-$65 per class, per person, depending on the location. Some classes include a light snack & beverage, or are longer time-wise. Others include more extensive tasting sessions.
*Some classes are 3 hours...it depends on the venue. See Class Schedule for exact class duration.
Please, no phone calls from concerned friends & family members, who can't figure out where your new-found obsession with preserving came from. They'll be thanking me soon enough. I like those calls!
*If you don't see a class you like, I am always open to suggestions! I love to work with people to customize classes for Private Preserving Parties.